"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
- John F. Kennedy
I am open to change. I used to be closed off to it, afraid somehow. Afraid of the differences that i would see in myself or others around me. I was afraid of the differences that others would see in me, as well. I feared the unknown, the unfamiliar. I have never voiced my fears before. But, now i can because these fears that once inhabited my body are no longer a reality. They are gone, blown away by a sudden mysterious confidence that came out of no where. The source of this so called confidence is undetermined. I will not seek out the orgin, but i will say thankyou. Thankyou for getting me to realize that no matter what happens, i am never truly alone, there is always someone with me that cares. And in this knowledge, i have come to realize that i should not hide from things that are to come. Things that will come, that cannot be stopped. For example, growing up. I have always wanted to stay a high schooler, but that was only because i did not know about certain things that would be waiting on me in college. I never wanted responsibility or independence. But now that its here, im not so closed off to it. While yes, there are certain aspects of growing up that arent so exciting, there are many many more good things that can come from the dreaded adult years. Life, and dare i say love. I have not found this love that others so frequently boast about, but i am hopeful that one day, i will experience it. Ive heard great things about it, things that im not sure that i am ready for, but then again, who am i to decide. It is not up to me. Maybe i am ready... i have always felt as though i were made to love and to be loved. I love the concept of love. And not only the romantic love, all kinds. I am built to love and i am full with compassion for others. I just dont know. I am now open to new experiences, to new concepts on most subjects, but there is one that i will continue to be steadfast about and that is of course Jesus Christ. Though i have decided to be open, i will never change my views on my Christian beliefs. From that belief stems my love for love and compassion. Without that, i would not be the person that i was made to be. And for that, i will always be grateful. I am now grateful for change, because like the quote from above, if i were not subject to change and i focused continually on the past and present, i could miss out on all the wonderful experiences in store for my future. Yes, i do realize that i have dug deep during this post, but i felt like i needed to say these things. Maybe for your benefit, but most definitely for my own. I feel so much better now. Thanks for reading, i love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment